If other rabbit deterrents aren’t working out for you, a rabbit trap may be a viable solution.
These traps are used to capture rabbits alive and release them in an area far away from your yard and/or garden.
We have gone through many of the products available to present you with 2 of the best live rabbit traps that work!
In our opinion, using a Havahart Rabbit Trap is the best way to get rid of rabbits.
This company has been around for quite some time and has established a strong reputation for pest removal.
Before purchasing a trap, it’s imperative that you check with your local municipalities about the legality of trapping nuisance rabbits.
There are a wide range of laws on this issue depending on your jurisdiction. They range from completely illegal to requiring a permit to being totally legal without a permit.
Therefore it is paramount that you do your homework prior to capturing these animals. The last thing you want is to be fined and/or jailed for not doing due diligence on this matter.
Below we will talk about the 2 rabbit traps that Havahart makes. The only real difference between them is size.
Without further ado, here is some pertinent information on these traps:
- These traps are specifically designed to capture squirrels, rabbits, skunks, minks and similar-size nuisance animals.
- They come fully assembled and ready to use out of the box.
- The door at the entrance of the trap is spring loaded. As soon as the rabbit steps on the plate it will activate the trap door; closing the rabbit inside.
- A convenient plate located beneath the handle ensures that you will have no contact with the animal during transport.
- Smooth edges inside the trap protect these animals from getting injured in the process.
- The galvanized steel used in this trap is not only strong, but rust and corrosion resistant.
- Extensive testing has been performed on these traps which has resulted in a significantly higher capture rate than its competitors.
- The small Havahart trap measures 18″ x 7″ x 7″ while the medium trap measures 24″ x 7″ x 7″ and has the “Easy Set” actuator.
- Both are completely suitable for capturing rabbits but we tend to gravitate toward the medium trap. This is due to the fact that this trap is less confining and therefore rabbits are more likely to go inside.
- For more information on how to effectively bait these traps, check out Havahart’s Rabbit Bait Page.
Below is an informational video on the medium Havahart Live Trap:
What People Are Saying
Over 80% of Havahart Rabbit Trap reviews are between 4 and 5 stars on Amazon.
This says a lot about just how effective these traps are.
People note that these traps work very well without harming rabbits in any way.
It has helped them drastically decrease the rabbit population in their areas which has resulted in their plants thriving.
Reviewers appreciate the solid construction of these units and how they work time after time without an issue.
They simply bait the trap, catch the rabbit, and relocate it to a safe area away from their gardens and yards.
Overall, the reviews are extremely positive with many happy gardeners!
These 2 traps are without a doubt, some of the best live rabbit traps that work!
They have very high capture rates compared to its competitors.
These traps keep both you and the animal safe throughout the entire process so you can finally reclaim your garden and/or yard.
As we stated before, it’s important to find out the local laws governing rabbit capturing in your area.
We do not advocate the trapping of these animals if it is not legal to do so where you live.
If however trapping rabbits is an option, we highly recommend using one of these traps!
Please feel free to leave comments below!